Sometimes working from home can be lonely. Virtual coffee connections can help. Have participants join in a digital meeting and bring a cup of coffee (or tea!). One person should be in charge of having 4-6 open ended questions ready for a relaxed discussion that participants can share stories about. You can add theme to each coffee connection and chat about specific topics, or just leave it open ended. Don’t pressure anyone to answer if they don’t want to. Sometimes people just want to be included in group discussions and it’s okay if they have
nothing to share.
Here are some sample questions you can use:
- If you could have your own TV show, what would it be?
- When did your life change for the better?
- What is the largest crowd you have ever been in?
- What are your parent’s best qualities?
- What is your favorite memory of your childhood?
- What is one life lesson you will never forget?
- What is the scariest thing you have ever done for fun?
- What is in the trunk of your car right now?
- If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be and why?
- If you had one extra hour of free time a day, how would you use it?