Who We Are:
National Heritage Academies (NHA) is a network of 96 public charter schools serving more than 60,000 students in nine states. We have more than 5,600 employees who work together to ensure that we make a difference in the lives of the students we serve. Our Service Center, located in Grand Rapids, Mich., houses more than 400 of our employees, both experienced educators and business professionals, who help with back-office support.
Our Governing Principles:
National Heritage Academies was founded on a set of principles – core values that reflect the high personal and educational standards to which we hold ourselves. Every day, we:
1. Take ownership for the success of our students.
2. Do the right thing always by acting with integrity and honesty to make the right choices and follow through on our commitments.
3. Behave with care by respecting and supporting our families and each other.
4. Make our schools the best choice for parents and students. Our schools have the highest standards for academics and behaviors, resulting in an environment where all students can succeed.
5. Act with discipline to sustain our academic success and financial viability. Every financial and academic choice is designed to put children’s needs first.
We believe children can reach their full potential with a great college-prep education and a strong Moral Focus program. Our goal is to help children develop the knowledge, skills, and moral strength they need to succeed in high school, college, and in life.
Our early childhood, elementary, middle school, and PrepNet high school programs are designed to put children on a solid path to success in high school, college, and beyond. As a network, all NHA and PrepNet schools share a common vision, while each individual school enjoys the flexibility of tailoring their program to meet the needs of their specific community.