SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA’S BEST & BRIGHTEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR COMMUNITY PARTNERS
The Best and Brightest® is especially proud to be a part of the communities where we operate and support many local charities and philanthropic organizations. The focus is to create a better place to live and work by improving the quality of life in each region we serve by supporting non-profit organizations that have a positive influence in the community. Our goal is to contribute to programs that support the homeless, women empowerment, and social services. Below are our 2019 Community Partners, please stop by their booths at the event to learn more about who they are and how you can get involved.
Over the last 28 years, Family Giving Tree has served nearly 1.6 million children and individuals throughout the greater Bay Area as we actively endeavor to inspire the values of kindness, philanthropy and volunteerism in our community. In 2018 alone—with the help of more than 650 Bay Area nonprofits and schools and more than 1,500 individuals, groups and businesses that helped us lead drives—we fulfilled nearly 78,000 holiday wishes and provided more than 40,000 supply-filled backpacks to those most in need. www.familygivingtree.org
• Seasonal Volunteer: Help with Holiday Wish and Back-to-School Drives
• Holiday Wish Drive Volunteers: Help with warehouse space setup, sort and prepare gifts, and warehouse clean up.
• Back to School Drive Volunteers: Help with warehouse space setup, sort and prepare gifts, and warehouse clean up.
Safehouse provides a nurturing and empowering living community for homeless women escaping sexual exploitation, prostitution, and sex trafficking. They offer supportive transitional housing and a full array of support services that enable residents to reclaim choice and power over their lives and move toward the goal of living a happy, health and independent life. www.sfsafehouse.org
• Administrative Support Volunteers
• Case Manager Assistant/Operations Volunteers – Minimum Requirement: 8 hours/week during business hours (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm) for at least 3 months.
• SafeHouse Internship Program – SafeHouse provides the wages and the Sponsor provides the job
Shepherd’s Gate aspires to be recognized as the leading Christ-centered non-profit in Northern California, specializing in providing safe places where women and their children can discover healing and freedom from life-controlling trauma issues through the power of Jesus Christ. Together with community partners, we are committed to empower and equip women to personally transform their lives with a lifetime commitment to recovery. www.shepherdsgate.org
- Assemble snack bags for Shepherd’s Gate children
- Facility Operations Volunteers i.e. gardening, cleaning, organizing and general maintenance and repairs.
- Host a Collection Drive
- New Life Thrift Store Group Opportunities
Better Business. Richer Lives. Stronger Communities.
Friday: 8:30am - 3:00pm EST